Happy Sunday, People! Oh, and Happy 1st Day of Fall!!!
Sorry I’ve been away again. School & work has been keeping me busy.
Yesterday was a gloomy/rainy day. We had a flash flood in our area, so I stayed home and did homework, but I had a craving for pumpkin, so I decided to make pumpkin cupcakes! 😀
I had found a cute video of a little boy on Youtube who was helping his mom make Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes, and I decided to try the recipe since I’ve never made vegan cupcakes before.
Here is the recipe:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Put 2 cups of canned pumpkin in a mixing bowl.
3) Add 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
4) Add 1/2 cup of soy milk.
5) Add 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
6) Mix the wet ingredients in mixing bowl.
7) Then, add 1/2 tsp of salt to the mixing bowl.
8) Add 1 tsp of cinnamon.
9) Add 2 cups of brown sugar.
10) Mix in the dry ingredients.
11) Add 1 tsp of baking soda.
12) Add 2 & 1/2 cups of flour.
13) Mix the ingredients in the bowl again.
14) Add 1 cup of chocolate chips.
15) Mix it one more time.
16) Line cupcake/muffin tin with paper cupcake holders.
17) Fill each cupcake holder about 2/3 full.
18) Put the cupcakes in the oven & bake for 22 minutes.
Here is my take on the end results: I didn’t have cinnamon in powder form, so I used cinnamon extract. I also didn’t have regular chocolate chips, so I used mini ones. Overall, the cupcakes felt like a muffin… more thick. The vegetable oil used in the recipe seem to seep through the paper cupcake holders. I liked the idea of chocolate chips in the cupcakes because it wasn’t overly sweet, but I’d suggest not using mini chocolate chips like me because then you had loads of chocolate chips in some of the cupcakes more than others. Haha. 😛 These were nice & just in time for the fall, cool weather. I wanted to decorate the cupcakes (since that’s my specialty), but I felt if icing & decor were added, it would’ve made the cupcakes overly sweet.
Hope ya’ll enjoy my feedback on this recipe. Maybe ya’ll can take it & tweek it to your taste. I’m going to attach my instagram pic of how the cupcakes turned out.
Here is the link to the original video on how to make it:
Thanks for visiting my page!