Thanks for checking out my blog!
Today, I decided to try making these Lush-inspired White Chocolate Massage Bars (Lotion Bars). These massage bars smell so delicious. I think the Monoi Tiki Tahiti Vanilla Oil is becoming my favorite product to use when making anything now. 😛
So, I got this recipe from beauty guru Pink So Foxy. You can view her video here: Pink So Foxy DIY Lush Massage Bars
Here’s kind of a quick overview of how I made these massage bars (but you can watch the video she made as well). 🙂
1&1/2 tbsp of beeswax (or 15 grams…)
1 tbsp of cocoa butter
1/2 tbsp of whipped shea butter
1 tbsp of Monoi Tiki Tahiti Vanilla Oil (vanilla infused coconut oil)
1/2 tbsp of kukui nut oil
any kind of mold to make the massage bar
glass container to melt the wax/butter/oils
cacao nibs (optional)
1) Melt 15 grams of beeswax. I estimated about that much or a little more since I didn’t feel like cutting or grating the beeswax.
2) Add 1 tbsp of cocoa butter.
3) Add 1/2 tbsp whipped shea butter.
4) Add 1 tbsp of the vanilla infused coconut oil.
5) Add 1/2 tbsp of kukui nut oil.
6) Mix and make sure everything is melted and well blended.
7) Add cacao nibs to silicon mold prior to pouring contents (optional). Can use other ingredients like rose petals or coconut too, or leave plain.
8) Pour contents into silicon mold and let massage soap sit for a few hours before removing.
9) Put in fridge overnight in ziplock bag to make sure the massage bars are completely finished. 😀 (Note: This is a recipe for a 2 oz bar).
Not bad for my 1st try! :3 I like that all products used were natural and/or organic. Awesome stuff!!!