Hello everyone! Sorry I’ve been away for awhile. I’ve been busy with school & work, so I haven’t had time to do any new crafty things (although I have been artsy at work) 😛 .
So, I figured I would do a review on the August Ipsy Glam Bag since it’s similar to stuff I’d post on Youtube before, except, I am not doing a “How To” tutorial. I’m just reviewing the products this time. I miss blogging, so I figured I’d give it a go. 😉
First off, let me just say that this month’s bag is super duper cute! The travel size bag is a purple & gold color with “Ipsy Glamour Academy” written on it. Okay so on to the products!
1) Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream: This product is supposed to change colors to match your shade as you apply it. To me, I feel as though this product felt more like a tinted moisturizer rather than a bb cream. There wasn’t as much coverage with this product when it came to concealing, but I think that the color did come out well. I think that this item would be good for travel uses, but personally, I would not purchase this item.
2) Noya’s Vanilla Lip Balm (Kosher Natural): First thing I noticed when I opened this was that this lip balm smelled delicious enough to eat! :3 I like the fact that this product is all natural, preservative free, & cruelty free. After applying it on, I did feel that it gave more moisture to my lips, so I really enjoyed this item. Only thing I’d say as a criticism would be that I kinda wish it had a hint of color in it.
3) Pixi’s Lash Booster Mascara: This cute little sample is portable and easy to use. I felt like it lengthening my lashes after application, and it didn’t feel too bulky like some mascaras. It was more of a natural look.
4) City Color Cheek Stain (Pink): This cheek stain came the most adorable little packaging with a pink heart on the side of the cap. This little item gives the biggest pop of color I have ever seen, so make sure if you use it to just use a tad. A little goes a long way. 🙂
5) Michael Todd’s Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub: This facial scrub is my favorite product from the bunch! I like that this product is organic & certified vegan. The scrub is supposed to exfoliate the skin & remove impurities. When using, remember that it is charcoal, so the color will be a dark grayish black color & has jojoba wax beads inside. After using this scrub, it left my face feeling extra smooth & refreshed, so I really liked this product.
Hope ya’ll enjoyed my review! You can see more photos that I post on my Instagram: Wushuqt. Have a wonderful Labor Day!